Saturday, May 31, 2008
Friday, May 30, 2008
In other news, Mom has said that this is the weekend of the M-word. We should be able to post every day, because we will still have the internet at Papa's, but we aren't sure when we will get the internet at our new place. Mom is worried about how we are going to get Cody. We are going to start bribing him to get in the PTU with Temptations starting tonight and go slowly. Fortunately, our new place is a short block away from Papa, so when Mom walks Camie each day, she can go over and make sure he is okay too, until she can get him in the PTU.
Congratulations Karl and Ruis! As the Vulcans say - Live long and prosper!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
We got 3 boxes of litter 6 weeks ago, and we started using the new litter on May 1st. Since we were already using Fresh Step, we just added the new litter on top of the clean old litter. It had a nice pleasant scent, but it wasn't overpowering and it wasn't very dusty. Mom particularly liked the lavender scent.
Fresh Step lives up to their claim of being scoopable. As we wrote before, we have a littermaid, and it had no problem picking up the clumps of the "new" Fresh Step Litter.
All in all, we have to give Fresh Step Lavender Expressions Scoopable Litter 2 paws up. It had a nice LIGHT scent. It smelled good, but wasn't too strong. It didn't have a lot of dust, and it clumped well. We hope they start selling it in the giant tubs that we get at the warehouse store, so we can use it again. We would definitely buy this again. Thank you Fresh Step for coming up with this new product. You did a great job!
Tiki, Tavi, and Cody
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
The Meezers had a great idea. They decided to give out hugs to all of their friends. We were talking in the Chatzy room last night and decided instead of just one day of hugs, we should give out hugs all weekend long. We want to thank all of you for being our friends, and tell you a little bit about how we came to start blogging.
About a year and a half ago, Mom had to be in bed for 9 weeks with a back disc that was bulging and pressing on her sciatic nerve. It eventually ruptured and had to be repaired surgically. Before this time, we had read some of the blogs, but we didn't really spend a lot of time with you all. While Mom was in bed, the only thing that kept her sane was her computer and all of our friends' blogs. We read about you, laughed with you and cried with you, and watched from the sidelines. Mom had her surgery, got better and went back to work, and we still watched from the sidelines, reading and laughing and crying. But most of all, admiring. We admired the way everyone came together to lend a shoulder to cry on, or to encourage one another when they needed it, but most of all, how everyone helped out in whatever way they could whenever some cat or bean needed it. But still we watched.
And then I (Tiki) was diagnosed with diabetes, and Mom realized that she was tired of making us sit and watch from the sidelines. She saw the fun the other cats and beans were having, and she wanted to make sure we had the same fun. So, we thank you for welcoming us into the community with open arms, and we thank you for being our friends, and we wrap our arms around all of you and give you a giant HUG!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player than tags 4 or 5 people and post their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you have posted your answer.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Well, since I will be 11 sometime in June, and greyhounds typically start racing between the ages of 18 months and 2 years of age, I was training to run races 10 years ago.
2. Five Things on my to-do list today. Take a walk with Mom, eat breakfast, mess up Mom's bed when I take a nap there, eat dinner, whine at Mom.
3. Three snacks I enjoy. Scooby Snacks, The cat's food, Temptations - They are really good - but really small - they should make them bigger.
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire. Buy Mom a house with a yard big enough for me to run around in. Build a huge no-kill shelter. Educate people on how to take care of their pets. Work to get greyhound racing stopped. Give the rest of the money to Mom to take care of. I would be rich, so I wouldn't have to deal with it.
5. Three of my bad habits. Waking Mom up "way to early" on the weekends, counter surfing and getting into food type things I am not supposed to, trying to steal the cats' food.
6. With the racing greyhound breeder with my mama and my siblings, at various racetracks, in the retired kennel at the racetrack in Tiajuana, Mexico (part of the American Racing Circuit), at my forever home.
7. Five jobs I have had. Money maker (racer), tree hider under (in the retired kennel - its what got me my forever home), being cute, loving the cats, Alarm Clock on the weekend. Mom's never goes off then, so I have to make sure she is up.
I am not going to tag anyone because I am sure that most everyone has participated already.
In tail news, it is still swollen, but I am using the whole tail. I don't want to have to deal with anyone really - I have turned into a grumpy, old man. I have been sleeping in this chair and will love on Mom when she comes to me, but if she picks me up and puts me in her bed, I tend to hop down and go back to my chair. I did sleep with her for about 3 hours last night.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
I had to go to the V-E-T. Mom was opening the door when Papa came home, and my tail got caught between the door and the jamb (on the hinge side) when she tried to close it. Boy did it hurt. She was almost in tears, but she called our V-E-T, but they were already closed. So, we have a new clinic that opened up a few blocks aways from our house that have longer hours, and a 24 hour emergency clinic. They were able to get me an appointment 10 minutes from Mom's call, so she scooped me up carefully and put me in the PTU, threw in Tavi (because I don't do car rides or the V-E-T by myself well, but do much better with him), hopped in the car and took off for the clinic. The V-E-T there was very nice. He said I didn't look 15 (I'll be that old in a month) and said that fortunately, my tail doesn't look broken. It is just swollen, and since I was using it well, he didn't feel comfortable giving me any pain meds because of my age.
As you can see, it is still swollen, and Mom is still really upset with herself, but I have forgiven her. I even gave her a few licks on her face last night, and it has been a while since I have done that.
I am moving it, and Mom can stroke it lightly without it hurting me. This picture is right after she took the other one and as you can see, I moved it to a different position. I think I am going to be alright.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
How to eat Temptations:
1) Lean in close to see what she is holding.
2) Give it a sniff with your eyes closed so you can appreciate the aroma.
3) Lick your lips in anticipation.
4) Lean in close and smell it again.
5) Close your eyes as you take it into your mouth.
6) Lean back and savor it.7) Start all over again.
In case you can't tell in some of the pictures, Mom has extra Temptations hidden in her hand - that is the ONLY way she would get me to sit still for that many pictures - well, that and the fact that she took picture after picture after picture.
Oh, hey, I need your help. Mom has mentioned a scary word to me, and I think I am going to need a place to hide out in a couple of weeks. She said a word that started with an "M" and said we would all be going together. I don't want to go anywhere. I like it here. All I have to say is if she wants me to have anything to do with an "M" word, she is going to have to catch me first (and she is really wondering how on earth that is going to happen).