We haven't done a Thursday Thirteen in a while, so we thought we would do one for today.
Here are thirteen things Mom has done in the last week or so that we don't like.
1) She has been coming home from work entirely too late. The other day, she didn't get home until almost 8:00 at night, and she said she was at work the whole time. She gets off work at 4:00 and we live 2.1 miles from her work, so it never takes her more than 7 minutes even if she gets all red lights.
2) We haven't been getting enough cuddle time - see #1.
3) The toddler that lives with us (he belongs to our roommates) has become infatuated with Mom and will not leave her alone. So that means he is constantly in our room which means he is always trying to give us pets and take away our lap.
4) Because of 1 and 3, we haven't been getting any time to visit our friends. Mom has promised that that will change when she gets home tonight. She said she is shutting our door and not opening it for anyone.
5) Mom mentioned something about the V-E-T in a week. We don't like those letters. She said that this one is further away, but will help with Tiki's diabetes.
6) Mom hasn't been opening food we want to eat. Granted, it is the same food we have all the time, but we just don't want to eat it. We are mad at Tiki because he got baby food the night before last because he wouldn't eat it. Mom said that was because he had his insulin and had to eat something. We don't think that is fair even if he did share with us.
7) Mom keeps insisting on washing our ham-micks and Camie's bedding. We don't like that. We get them all nice and furry and littery and she goes and washes them.
8) Mom is only scooping our litter box 2x a day. She comes home at lunch. She should scoop it instead of taking a nap.....well, maybe not. We do like our naps with her. Hmmm - what does everyone else think on this one?
9) She said she is going to be coming home late again tomorrow, but not because of work. She says she has to visit an seniorbean that broke her hip. She said she is 92 and is very sad because she won't be able to go dancing for a long time. So she needs to go visit her.
10) She still isn't opening our bedroom door on demand. We want to get out and explore at 2am and she won't let us.
11) She gets mad when Tavi starts chewing up her papers for not letting us explore. He likes to sink his teeth into the paper and just rip chunks out of whatever it is.
12) Mom gets up too late in the morning and doesn't spend enough time worshiping us. (Mom here - I am NOT getting up any earlier than I have to in the morning. I am NOT a morning person and wouldn't be any good at worshiping you anyway. I don't really wake up until I've been at work for about an hour anyway).
13) Mom needs to find us another Garfield bed. We don't care that it is about 10 years old. We want another one. We don't fit in there together.