Even though I know my brothers, woofie sister, and beans love me, and I love all of them, I am a scaredy cat. This week's T13 is things that scare me to where I might move away or run.
1. When mom is giving us Temptations, if one of my brothers moves, I will get scared and move away. Mom then has to toss my treats to me.
2. If Mom shifts position and I am near her, I will move away.
3. If I am eating and one of my brothers jumps on the bed, I pause and assess the danger, and then often run away.
4. If mom reaches for something withing 5 ft. of me, I move away.
5. Noises I don't expect (like the washer, dryer or vacuum) make me run away.
6. If mom is taking pictures, and the flashy goes off too many times, I get scared and run away.
7. When Mom goes to the kitchen to get our food, I will run 5 ft. away from her, pause and if she keeps going, I will do it again. After about the third time, I just take off running.
8. When my Papa opens his bedroom door, I run away.
9. When Camie gets up and turns around in her bed, I move away.
10. If one of my brothers is using the litter box, and jumps out near me, I get scared and run away.
11. If I am looking the other way, and one of my brothers walks past me, I get scared and dart away.
12. If I am sitting in the window looking out, and Mom comes up to the outside of the window to say "Hi," I run away.
13. When Mom first starts to play with me with a wand toy, I have to assess the situation and decide whether to run or not.
I have gotten a lot better in the past 2 years or so. It used to be that I would run away for everything, and I couldn't be within 20 ft. of people. Now my tolerance is about 5 ft, unless Mom is very still, or has temptations.