Saturday, January 26, 2008

2 Memes and an Award



We (Tiki and Tavi) were tagged by Sammy and Miles to do this meme.

It's nice and simple, all you need to do is tell everyone 3 things that are new with you! Link it back to me and the purrson who gave it to you and pass it on to 3 more kitties you'd like to know more about! :)

We had to think about this quite a bit as we are senior cats, and as such are very lazy, but hopefully we have been able to come up with some things that are new or that are just new to you.

Tiki:

1) I had to have my claws trimmed the other day. We don't have front claws (which Mom won't do again) and because we have always been very good kitties about not scratching too much, we never had to have the evil trim. Anyway, because I am diabetic, I can't retract my claws anymore, and I don't always like Mom to test my blood, so I have scratched her really badly a few times, so off the tips of my nails came. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and Mom isn't getting scratched, so we are both happy.

2) This kind of relates to the first thing, but I no longer feel comfortable being held up high ( ie. in Mom's arms), unless I dig my claws into Mom's flesh. I can't hold on properly to just her shirt. As a consequence of this, I am now held a lot like a baby - on my back with her holding onto my feet. I don't mind this too much.

3) Temptations aren't that big of a thrill for me anymore. I hadn't had any in about 6 weeks, but I finally ate a couple the other day. Mom has yet to find a treat that we will eat (well, except for Cody - he just loves them).

Tavi:

1) Now that it is cooler in the house at night, I am finally burrowing under the covers to sleep with Tiki, instead of being on them. I am also playing more now that the weather is cooler.

2) Mom has put two containers of water in the bathroom for me to drink out of. Tiki will sometimes go in there, but I am really the only one to drink there. Bathroom water tastes better.

3) I love to plant my furry butt on the keyboard to Mom's computer. My Uncle M was working on her laptop a couple of weeks ago and asked Mom if she was missing a cat. He said there was enough hair inside of it to grow another. Dragonheart or Merlin, do you need a toupee? Whenever I park my backside there, she picks me up and moves me - after about 10 times, I will finally move to a different location. I am pretty stubborn, but I think she might be my match.

Camie was tagged to do the 3 wishes meme by Diamond Doggy at Perfectly Parker. We loved Diamond's post and hope he gets to be a more regular contributor.

This meme was created by the charming cats at http://www.petspics.blogspot.com/.The rules are: you have to post who tagged you and link back to them and then to petspics.blogspot.com. Then you have to tag 3 other kitties, beans, woofies, or any other assorted animal.What three things would you do that you have never done before, if you knew you wouldn't get caught, get in trouble, or suffer any consequences?


1) Hmmmmm - well, first, I would like to have a whole truck load of Scooby Snacks to eat all by myself. Mom calls them my "Temptations." I counter surfed on time and ate a whole bucket.

2) I would have Mom stay home with us more. She is always away at the job thingy she does. I would also not have her ever leave me to go on a trip. She deserts me every spring to fly to Washington DC to take a group of kids there - she needs to take me with her if she must go.

3) I would never, ever have to take a walk in the rain. I hate walking in the rain (playing in the rain is entirely different).

Finally, we received this award again from Pollux and Castor. Thank you so much boys. We love the having the opportunity to watch you change from newborns to little man cats. We can't wait to see what new adventures you will get into as you mature and age.
We are not going to pass the memes on to anyone as we think most of you have done this, but feel free if you haven't. We would like to pass on the award to Diamond. He doesn't blog often (he has been blogging a lot more lately), but he is always interesting when he does. Thank you everyone - that was fun.

7 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We enjoyed learning what's new with you, and reading Camie's three things. We get our claws trimmed once or twice a week, because they grow quickly due to our fast Sphynx metabolism. No need for a toupee, thanks. ;) We like being furless, and our dad is horribly allergic to furred cats.

Parker said...

Diamond is beside himeself with doggy-joy! His first award! If he's good, I'll let him post a little more! That was an interesting post, I did not know that Tiki is diabetic - my Mommy is Diabetic too (but she still has her claws!) HeeHee!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow, that was a lot to learn. Georgia has that old kitty can't retract claws thing too.

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

I know what you mean about senior cats and "new things". Pumpy and I don't do many new things -- and frankly, I prefer things to remain the same always. New things disturb me (unless it has to do with food).

Mickey's Musings said...

Boy, that was great.I must say, it is nice to be under the covers when it's cold. Georgia loves to do that.Thanks for letting us know more about you guys :)
Purrs Mickey

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We enjoyed learning more about yoo guys...Poor Tiki, it sux to have diabetes!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Scooby snacks? Yum!