Well the rest of us have been tagged for the seven things meme. Tiki and Tavi did this once together here, but we are going to do it again separately. We are not going to tag anyone becasue it was hard enough to find 7 kitties & doggies yesterday, and we don't think we will be able to find 21 who haven't done this recently. Oh yeah, Tiki and Tavi were tagged by one of Stella's babies, Pollux, and Camie was tagged by Cody.
So, without further ado, here we go.
- On my rescue trip home on the bus, I barely touched the ground. Everyone wanted to hold me, so I spent most of the way home riding in laps. I weighed 60lbs. Their legs hurt afterward.
- I have only been put in a kennel once - when Mom went to her brother’s wedding. It was only for 3 days, but my personality reverted back to right after I when I was rescued. Mom has refused to put me in a kennel again, so when she goes anywhere, I go and stay with a friend.
- I do not really know how to play with toys. I never learned when I was a puppy, and when I see other dogs playing with them, I study them to see what they are doing. I have only played with a stuffed animal about 10 times in 8 years. I like to play by chasing Mom in the front yard and then spinning away from her. I crashed into her head one time and almost gave her a concussion. Mom still has a dent in her head from that one the size of her fingertip.
- I hate having to take a walk in the rain, but as soon as I am done walking, I want to play and get all wet. I never smell like wet dog (it’s a greyhound thing).
- I don’t bark. I have barked 3 times that I can remember. I scared myself every time. I have a very deep bark.
- I get very excited when I see other greyhounds. For over 2 years, I only saw greyhounds and people, so I recognize what a greyhound is.
- I love to sleep on my back, but will only do it when I feel comfortable and safe. When we go to someone’s house, Mom can tell when I finally feel comfortable, because I will roll on my back and fall asleep.
- I like to hide under the couch. The couch is against a wall, and Mom can’t get to me from the front. When I was really sick a month ago, I hid under there. Mom had to squeeze behind the couch to get me out.
- I like to sleep under the covers between Mom’s legs. I won’t sleep next to her or on her. I have to be in my spot.
- I like to give Mom ONE lick on the forehead when she comes home after work. It has to be on the forehead, and only one.
- I love to sniff people’s hair when they come to visit me. I get up behind them on the couch and sniff all around. Some people like it, some people don’t. I don’t care.
- I don’t like the smell of nicotine. Mom had friend’s who used to smoke (they quit – yea). I would start licking their hands and then bite them. I never bite anyone else.
- I don’t like having my stomach touched. You can touch and scratch my chest, but if you get too low onto my stomach, I will bunny kick you - but Mom can kiss me there as long as it isn't too much.
- I just found out I love Apple Toaster Strudel. Mom will let me have a little lick of the frosting, but I want the whole thing. I won’t let her eat them in peace. I must have some.
- I have to sit in everyone’s lap who comes over. The more someone doesn’t like animals, the more I have to be in their lap.
- I don’t like it when Mom tries to sing to me, whistles, or practices her flute. Whenever I hear any of those, I go and start biting my brothers or sister and meowing at her. If that doesn’t work, I try to bite Mom, but she is a last resort.
- I love to have my tummy rubbed. My favorite way to do this is cradled in Mom’s arms like a baby. Then she can rub and kiss my gorgeous belly.
- Mom can hold our carrier up in the air, and I will jump into it. If she picks it up to move it or clean under it, I HAVE to come running to get inside it.
- I also like to sleep between Mom’s legs, but I have to be on top of the covers. Tiki and I often curl up together, just on opposite sides of the blankets. I also like to sleep on Mom’s back, with my butt towards her head, but she doesn’t like this because…
- I have restless tail syndrome (at least Mom thinks there should be something called this). I always twitch my tail. I am perfectly content, and purr, but my tail is always twitching. I even do it when I am napping. It drives Mom nuts when I keep whapping her in the head with my tail.
- I don’t like Mom to read books when I am around. If she is reading and not paying attention to me, I will keep batting her book pages with a paw until she pays attention to me.
We may not be visiting much in the next couple of days. Mom's computer cord just fried itself, and we will have to wait for a new one to come in the mail. We will try to keep posting a short note anyway until we get our new cord.